Online enrollment is now open until Friday, August 5th. All enrollment (walk-in and online) must be completed by August 16th.
Enrollment information and paperwork for the upcoming year, including the district calendar, is available on a separate Enrollment Information page. Go to the above Parents/Patrons tab, then click Enrollment 2016-17.
For online enrollment, use the Skyward link, then sign in to Family Access. Feel free to take a look at the Online Enrollment FAQ if you have any questions.
Transportation enrollment is now being accepted for students who live more than 2.5 miles from their attendance center. If you completed a transportation request at the end of the school year there is nothing further you need to do. Enrollment forms may be picked up at the transportation office or printed from the School Bus Transportation Request 2016-17 form and dropped off at the transportation office located in the District Administration Center. It is requested that transportation forms be submitted no later than August 10th so student pick up and drop off times can be more accurately established.
If your child lives less than 2.5 miles from their attendance center (shortest, most direct route) Pay-to-Ride transportation requests & fees will be accepted at the transportation office beginning at 8am on Thursday, August 11, 2016. Please refer to the district’s Pay to Ride program for more information regarding fees and space availability. More information is also available on the Transportation Department page.
The district offers a variety of calendar options for our patrons
2016-17 Academic Year Calendar.
2017-18 Academic Year Calendar.
2016-17 Academic and Activities Calendar
Kaw Valley League/RSchoolToday High School Events Calendar - this subscription service will allow district patrons to view, search, filter and print a variety of calendars for high school events and activities. The calendar may also be accessed by going to www.kawvalleyleague.org then clicking Tonganoxie at the right side of the page.
Each building is responsible for the upkeep of their online athletics and events calendar, available by clicking the District Calendar link at the very top of the webpage, or going to the Schools menu then choosing the building.
Skyward Family Access Information
Needing some help with Skyward Family Access? Click here.
If your student will have to miss school or needs to leave school early for any reason, please contact the school's office as soon as possible to let them know.
- High School - 913-416-1465
- Middle School - 913-416-1475
- Elementary - 913-416-1485
Community activities and events that are not school district sponsored, but locally sponsored, are located on the “Electronic Backpack” tab.
Click here to go to Electronic Backpack tab.
A Facility Use Packet has been developed to help patrons with the proper forms, contact information, and billing procedures.
If you currently use, or plan to use, district facilities, please take a look at the packet to help insure that the proper procedures are being followed. Feel free to print the packet so all the information is readily available.
To reserve a district facility:
- Call or visit the scheduling coordinator of the facility you wish to request. For TES, call Carlie Puhr at 913-416-1480. For TMS, call Mark Altman at 913 416-1470. For THS, (except the Chieftain Room) call Brent Smith at 913-416-1460. For the Chieftain Room, call Mary Welsh at 913-416-1460. They will be able to tell you if the facility is available when you need it.
- Once you have determined that the facility is available, fill out the Facility Request form and get a signature from the scheduling coordinator or administrator at the appropriate building.
- Send the completed and signed form, and insurance waiver if required, to Bill Seymour at the District Administrative Center. Fees will be assessed and you will be contacted about payment to secure the facility.
Primary source of information for school closings is the media outlets listed below. As a secondary source, you may receive an email and/or text via Schoolmessenger.
Not sure you are receiving Schoolmessenger text messages? From your cellular phone, send Y or Yes to 68453. You should receive a confirmation text within a few minutes.
KCTV 5 (KSMO)
WDAF (Fox 4 KC)
KMBZ (AM 980)
KCUR (FM 89.3)
WIBW (TV 13)
|92.9 The Bull|
|Tonganoxie Mirror||Twitter @tongie464|
A One-Minute Contact Preferences Video for Parents
A powerful new way to stay connected to your student's school or district
If you are the parent or guardian of a student, you can receive SchoolMessenger texts on your cell phone if you don't already. To enroll in the SchoolMessenger texting system:
- Make sure your cell is listed as the primary phone number in your student's Skyward account. Most non-emergency SchoolMessenger announcements are sent to the primary phone only. (If that is a land line, it will obviously not receive any texts). SchoolMessenger draws its contact information from Skyward, so accurate numbers are critical. For emergencies and school cancelations, all phone numbers are contacted, including the home, cell, primary, and work numbers. That's why sometimes you receive a text and sometimes you don't.
- Use that cell phone to text Y or Yes to 68453. You should receive a confirmation text within a few minutes.